Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Practice Practice Practice!

Hi!! Today I went to work with Hershey, and we were practiced some things he needs to work on, and some things I need to work on too!! I lunged him around and I worked on not letting him pull on the rope when he canters. What I did was as soon as he would canter and start to pull, I would backup and ask him to come in. Hershey was being kind of lazy today, so when I asked him to canter and then come in a, after awhile, he would lay back his ears. It wasn't the kind of ears back were he is saying,'' arggh, I'm mad at you, get out of my way''. It was the kind of ears back were he was saying, '' oh my gosh, I have to do this again''? I think he got a little bit bored of that exercise, lol!! So what we did after that was when I got on him, I practiced the walk, trot, and canter. And part of the time I had to ride with out stirrups! I just don't like riding without stirrups for some reason, but my instructor said that I need to ride without stirrups more than I do now so I don't feel any difference riding with them and without. That is what ''I'' had to work on today as well, I also worked on keeping my heels down, which is sometimes very hard, especially without stirrups! All together I think Hershey and I did ok today, but we are improving all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment