Sunday, July 7, 2013

Much better!

Yesterday I went to work with Hershey again, him and I both did much better then last time! I worked with him and did most of the same stuff, but we did do a few  new things, like when we were in a big arena that was square and I would send Hershey around it with out a lung line, that is called liberty, he would gallop around and around until you asked him to come in, or join up with you. What I would do is back up until he would stop and look at me, then I would turn side ways. That is how wild horses speak to each other in the wild, I learned it in a book about this man named Monty Roberts, it is a very good book, and my trainer also told me how. My riding instructor also said that Hershey knows and reacts to how you are feeling, and if your confident or not. She figured this out because the last time I rode him I was a little nervous, and he did not listen very well, and when she rode him he was also being a brat, because she was a little angry at him, but yesterday when I worked with him I was feeling better and so was my riding instructor, he was awesome! We are still working on figuring out all of his little quirks, and stuff! My riding instructor also told me that he is what she calls a sleeper, he pretends to be tired and sleepy, but he actually isn't! That's why we did liberty with him, to see if he was faking, and he was! After we got him tired out, I got on him and he did a lot better then the day before, he's learning a lot too, I practiced trotting on him with a bit and bridle, my riding instructor said that she thought that it was my best trot she'd ever seen me do! I can't wait until I get to ride him again, which I hope will be soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment