Monday, June 24, 2013

Hershey's story

I'm going to tell you all how I got Hershey like I said I would in my last post, he was caught in the wild from his Mustang heard when he was only two weeks old by Native Americans, then the Native Americans who captured him sold him at an auction, and another family bought him and raised him until he was about three years old. Hershey was not raised with other horses at the family's house, so he really didn't know how to be a horse! That might sound quite strange but it's true, so this lady who works at a vet bought him and raised him until he was six with her old mare, so he learned how to be a horse, then she gave him to this other lady who takes in horses that need homes. She then gave him to this high school student who worked with him for a year for her senior  project, but she couldn't keep him so she gave him back to the lady who takes in horses. My riding instructor knows that lady and found out about him, and worked with him a little bit, she said that he had a really good mind but Hershey has only been ridden about ten times, so he did not know much. So when I got him my riding instructor  said that she would train him and I could help. And that is how I got Hershey! It's quite a confusing story isn't it!

No comments:

Post a Comment